Start Your Journey
Learn more about requirements, deadlines, and financial aid for the Executive MBA Program
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Our priority is to set up our Executive MBA students for success - throughout the application process, inside the classroom, and well beyond graduation as you embark on the next phase of your career.
The admissions committee will evaluate the following elements of your application which indicate your potential success in the program:
- Future managerial and leadership potential communicated through personal statements, professional experience, and letters of recommendation
- Your ability to thrive in a rigorous academic environment as evidenced by your past academic transcripts
- Communication skills demonstrated through written application materials and Admissions interview
- Community engagement/leadership
Round 1 Deadline - August 1st
- $100 application fee waiver code
- Eligible to apply for the Executive MBA Charter Scholarship.
- An accelerated admission decision
Round 2 Deadline - October 1st
Round 3 Deadline - December 1st
- Applications accepted if space is available for the January 2022 cohort.
- Complete Executive MBA application online.
Application components include:
- Profile information
- 2 essays
- Contact Information for two professional recommendations
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate work that you have completed. Electronic transcripts are faster and should be sent to ExecMBAAdmissions@mason.wm.edu. Hard copy official transcripts can be sent directly from your academic institution or forwarded in a sealed envelope from you to the following address:
William & Mary
EMBA Admissions - Macie Osborn
Raymond A. Mason School of Business
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187
- Complete an admissions interview. Admissions interviews are by invitation only. You will be contacted by the Executive MBA Admissions Office to schedule an interview if you are selected by the Admissions Committee.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience preferred, with increasing levels of responsibility across your career.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts from all higher educational institutions attended.
- Online application
- Personal interview
Contact Jana Allen-Bishop at email@example.com or 757-221-2356 (Office) | 757-585-0173 (Cell) for more information.
Why we don't require GMAT or GRE
GMAT or GRE scores are always accepted and will be considered by the admissions committee in the decision-making process if received. However, in William & Mary's Executive MBA program, we believe that standardized test scores are not the only predictors of success - and certainly not for our executive level students who have multi-dimensional applications that point to many success indicators. Therefore, we do not require a GMAT or GRE score in order to apply.
Tuition, Scholarships and Financial AidExecutive MBA students who are a part of the cohort, 18-month program at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business receive an exceptional MBA education from a Public Ivy institution. With classes held on campus in historic Williamsburg, our students experience the culture and richness of this community.
Payment Schedule for Cohort Beginning January 2022
$4,500 non-refundable deposit is due within 30 days of acceptance* in order to secure position in the cohort and is applied to the Semester 1 balance due.
|Semester 1||Due January 1||$22,000|
|Semester 2||Due June 1||$22,000|
|Semester 3||Due August 1||$22,000|
|Semester 4||Due January 1||$22,000|
|Semester 5||Due June 1||$22,000|
*For service members who are actively serving or for veterans who have served honorably in the armed forces of the United States and who will use Military or Veterans Affairs benefits to cover the $4,500 admission deposit may have the deposit requirement waived since Military/Veterans Affairs payments are not received by the institution until after the semester begins. The student is responsible for all program costs not covered by Military/Veterans Affairs benefits.
**Long-haul international flights for the required global immersions are not included in Program tuition and fees. Each student is responsible for booking and paying for two roundtrip airline tickets with an estimated budget of $1,500 per ticket or $3,000 total over the course of the Program.
***All tuition rates for 2022 are pending BOV approval in May, 2021.
EMBA Charter Scholarship
The Executive MBA Charter Scholarship pays tribute to the year 1693 in which William & Mary was chartered by King William III and Queen Mary II of England. Known as the Alma Mater of the Nation, the University served as a catalyst and crucible for the ideas and the people who would, quite literally, change the world. Today, the tradition of excellence that began over 300 years ago continues through our students, faculty, and community.
Our Executive Charter Scholars will receive a scholarship award of $1693 per semester, totaling $8465 over the five-semester program. Three Executive Charter Scholarships will be available to new incoming students each year.
In order to be eligible to apply, applicants must have submitted a completed Executive MBA application by the Round One Early Application Deadline of August 1st and have submitted a Charter Scholarship Application by August 15th.
Corporate Partnership Scholarship
Employees of a Corporate Partner who become admitted into our Flex MBA or Executive MBA programs will receive a Partnership Scholarship that provides a 10% reduction off of the regular tuition rate*.
*Scholarship is applied to tuition only and is not applicable to other program related fees.
William & Mary undergraduate alumni now receive preferred admission to the W&M Executive MBA Program through our new Tribe Scholars Program. Because we know the extraordinary caliber of our alumni, we offer them:
- $100 application fee waiver
- Interview waiver
- Guaranteed admission with an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or above
Tribe Scholars must complete the Executive MBA application.
Executive MBA students get financial support from their companies, the military and from student loans. Please contact the following offices for information on each kind of financial aid:
- General Financial Aid Information (other than military or Veterans Affairs)
Jen Meier - 757-221-2426 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Military Tuition Assistance Billing
Danielle Magee - 757-221-1300 or email@example.com
- VA Benefits (including new GI Bill ®)
Carolyn Ward - 757-221-2893 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to any employer financial support and a student’s personal funds, assistance in the form of federal loans is available to Executive MBA students. The criteria for federal loans are U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residents and enrollment in a degree seeking graduate program.
William & Mary graduates now have the opportunity nominate friends, family, co-workers and peers and help them receive an alumni referral scholarship for the Executive MBA Program. If the candidate is admitted to the Executive MBA Program, they will receive a scholarship of $5,000.
To participate in this new program, William & Mary alumni need to complete the Executive MBA Alumni Referral form, which requires full contact information for the person they are referring and a statement of nomination telling why they think their referral is a good fit for the Executive MBA Program.
- Students who are referred and apply will receive a $5,000 Alumni Referral Scholarship.
- Participating alumni can refer up to three students per cohort. The Executive MBA Program begins a new cohort each January.
- Admitted students may only receive one Alumni Referral Scholarship, regardless of the number of alumni referrals they receive.
- To be eligible for the scholarship award, the alumni referral must be received before the student submits an application.
For questions about the referral program, contact Kim Sperling, Senior Director of Development & Alumni Engagement for MBA Programs at (757) 221-7848 or Kimberly.Sperling@mason.wm.edu.
For questions about the Executive MBA Admissions, candidates are invited to contact Jana Allen-Bishop, Associate Director, Executive MBA Program at (757)221-2356 or Jana.Allen-Bishop@mason.wm.edu.
The Executive MBA Program provided me with excellent networking opportunities both during and after the program. As a Business Development Executive within the Engineering Industry, William & Mary’s EMBA program has given me the chance to fine tune the necessary skills and traits of a successful executive.
If I could sum up my EMBA experience at William & Mary, it would be 'life changing'. I was challenged by award-winning professors with relevant coursework that was immediately put to use in my daily work. But, the most valuable asset is the network of professionals that have become my lifelong friends.
William & Mary's EMBA program is quite possibly one of the best decisions of my life. It has given me the knowledge to better run my company and has opened a valuable network of professionals that I would never be able to connect with if it weren't for this program.
My decision to enroll in William & Mary's EMBA program played a key role in my success within the Power Industry. The experience gave me the knowledge and confidence to move past a technical expert to become the leader I am today.
Interested in exploring other MBA opportunities at William & Mary? Compare our other MBA modalities here.